- any reference to “Hi Vis Jobs”, “Hi Vis Hub”, “we”, “us” and “our” includes a reference to Hi Vis Hub, a brand of EX31 Pty Ltd and each of Hi Vis Hub’s related bodies corporate (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)).
- “Advertiser” refers to individuals or entities that post job ads on our Site or use other products to source potential Candidates for job vacancies;
- “Candidates” and “Job Seekers” refers to users of the Site and “Registered Users” refers to Candidates who register on the Site;
- Candidates, Advertisers and users who otherwise subscribe for Hi Vis Hub products, services or information offered via the Site are referred to generically in this Statement as “visitors”, “users” or “you”, unless the context provides that only Candidates, Registered Users or Advertisers are being referred to;
- “GDPR” means the General Data Protection Regulation, being Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council;
- “Personal Data” has the meaning attributed to that term in the GDPR;
Please be aware that, should you change your mind, you may revoke your consent to this policy.
To revoke your consent, please contact us.
If you revoke your consent, your account and profile information will be removed from our website.
Where your information is stored
Any information which we hold for you is stored on secure servers, either in Australia or overseas, that are protected in controlled facilities through WPX Hosting.
See also ‘Access to and Storage of Your Personal Information’
Affiliated companies are entities that control, are controlled by or are under common control with Hi Vis Hub.
Information we collect
We collect information about you when you use our sites and applications.
We receive and store this information when you enter it on our website, send it to us, or provide it to us in any other way.
We collect information when you choose to give it to us such as:
- Contact information like name, email address, street address, and phone number
- Your resume including job experience
- The information used to apply to jobs on Hi Vis Hub
- Information imported by you from third party applications
- Information you provide to us when you contact Hi Vis Hub
- Credit card number and billing information (for services requiring payment)
- Your race, ethnicity, or gender, if you choose to provide it. Some employers are required by law to collect this information on a voluntary basis
- Information about your business, such as company name, size, and business type
You can correct or remove this information by accessing your account settings.
We also collect information from you in the following ways:
If you choose to sign in to Hi Vis Hub with a social media account or similar services, we import the requested information from your account and we make it part of your profile.
We may collect personal information about others from you.
For example, if you choose to use our service to share site content with a friend, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address.
We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site.
We temporarily store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
If you choose to leave comments on the site we will collect the data shown in the comments form, your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Automatically collected information
We gather certain information automatically when you visit our site or use our mobile applications.
This information includes:
- Your activity on Hi Vis Hub including the jobs you search for, view, and apply to
- Your internet protocol (IP) address and internet service provider (ISP)
- Your browser type and device ID
- The files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.)
- Operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data
This data is collected about you automatically and is processed for Hi Vis Hub’s legitimate interest.
We combine this information with personal data to help detect and prevent fraud.
We also combine this data with your profile and resume data to return the best job search results to you.
Information collected about you from third parties
We may collect information about you from publicly-available websites.
We may use this information to create a profile, even if you do not have an account with us, or append it to an existing profile that you have with us.
However, we cannot guarantee that we will not later collect from publicly-available websites other information that pertains to you.
How we use information
We use the information we collect to provide our services, respond to you, operate and improve our sites and applications, and foster a positive user experience.
We use information with your consent as described at the time we collect that consent.
This includes account creation and resume upload.
We use personal data for our legitimate interests such as to:
- Operate and deliver Hi Vis Hub services
- Contact and communicate with you when you contact us
- Analyse, improve and optimise Hi Vis Hub services
- Protect Hi Vis Hub and the rights of users and others
- Enforce terms of Hi Vis Hub’s services and prevent fraud and abuse of Hi Vis Hub systems
By registering with Hi Vis Hub, by managing your profile, by publicly posting information, or by opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information in the following ways.
To provide you with services such as to:
- Create a Hi Vis Hub account for you, including any resume you create or upload
- Enable you to search for jobs and share them with others
- Allow you to apply for jobs
- Add information gathered from public websites to your profile to help potential employers find your resume and contact you
- Make purchases
- Enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you
- Display targeted recruitment messages from employers
- Contact you with service-related communications and security updates
- Provide information about you and your interest in job postings to employers
- Provide products and services to employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process
For marketing purposes such as to:
- Provide personalised, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties
- Send you job alerts, newsletters, career advice, or other marketing communications you have opted in to receive
- Inform you of other products or services available from Hi Vis Hub or its affiliates
- Conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof
- Improve our services
- Give search engines access to public information
- Conduct analytics and generate internal reports about the use of our sites and applications
- Track which jobs you search for, view, and apply to
- Enable security and fraud prevention to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Make suggestions and draw inferences about you. For example, we may make suggestions about people you may know or additional jobs, products or services that might be of interest to you. Or, if you identify yourself as “Mr.” we will assume you are male.
Please also note that some of our products and services, such as our resume and profile database and social media search, enable third parties to see your personal information and to contact you.
Information you post in public areas of Hi Vis Hub sites or applications or make visible in the resume and profile database may be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
While Hi Vis Hub takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorised access or inappropriate use, Hi Vis Hub does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you give to us.
Accordingly, you should not post sensitive information or any other information you would not want made public, to any Hi Vis Hub site or application or to a public website.
Our services include the display of personalised products, content, and advertising relating to your career experience and interests.
We use data we have about you to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party.
We may show you targeted ads online. These ads are targeted based on information we collect about you and information about you we acquire from third parties including public websites and data providers.
How we share information
We provide you with a platform to broadcast information about yourself to maximize your career opportunities.
The information we gather may be shared with the following categories of third parties:
- The Hi Vis Hub group of companies on a worldwide basis
- Employers, if you make your resume searchable or apply to a job
- Other companies hired to provide services on Hi Vis Hub’s behalf
- Other third parties where required by law
- Other third parties when you give your consent to such sharing
By applying to a job, providing your contact information to show interest in a job, or by replying to a message from an employer, you consent to the disclosure of your information to that employer and to be contacted by such employer for employment related purposes.
We do not share contact information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure.
We also share information in the following ways.
We share your information with our service providers, which are third parties who help deliver our products and services to you.
Examples of these services include hosting our web servers and site databases, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer management tools, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service.
These companies will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose.
We will remain responsible for any information shared in this way.
We disclose information to third parties when you give your consent for us to do so.
(a) if you make your resume searchable or if we collect information you’ve made available on a public website then all parties with access to our resume or profile database products will have access to your information
(b) if you opt in to receive information about the products or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to those third parties, so they may contact you.
We may also share aggregated information (including location data) about Hi Vis Hub site visitors and application users with third parties to serve advertisements to you online.
We also aggregate data regarding job qualifications, schooling, age, experience level or other information relevant to the job search.
This aggregated data does not identify users individually and may be made available to employers or shared publicly.
If we create a co-branded site with another company, information collected on that site will be retained by both companies and subject to the privacy policies of both companies which will be published on the co-branded sites.
We may disclose to third parties information that we have collected from other websites.
We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith
After considering your privacy interests and other factors, we may feel that that such action is necessary to:
(a) meet legal requirements or comply with legal process
(b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies
(c) investigate fraud, prevent a crime or protect national security
(d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
We may disclose and transfer personal information to a third party who acquires any or all of Hi Vis Hub’s business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets.
In addition, in the event Hi Vis Hub becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, such information will be disposed of in a transaction approved by the court.
You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the site.
Making an online application to a job advertisement on Hi Vis Hub is a free and optional service that requires Candidates to complete mandatory fields (for example first name, last name, telephone number and email) so that the Advertiser can identify and contact the applicant.
When first applying for a job, Candidates who do not have a Hi Vis Hub Profile will also be required to create a Hi Vis Hub Profile based on the information contained in their application.
As a Registered User you will also have the option of easily attaching a saved resume.
When you apply for a job advertisement on the Site, applications, including attachments and cover letters, are:
- forwarded directly on to the Advertiser and/or its nominated representative; or
- stored in the Hi Vis Hub Advertiser Account on behalf of the Advertiser. The Hi Vis Hub Advertiser Account allows Advertisers to easily and effectively manage their recruitment process via one central facility made available by Hi Vis Hub.
Some advertisers may also require you to answer a list of questions selected by that Advertiser as part of your online application.
By answering the Application questions you acknowledge that Hi Vis Hub will provide your answers to that Advertiser and may use your answers to populate your Hi Vis Hub Profile and enable Advertisers to surface that information.
Hi Vis Hub may also use your answers to improve our products, our search and matching capabilities.
By applying to a position advertised on Hi Vis Hub you are requesting that Hi Vis Hub pass the information you provide to the relevant Advertiser and/or their nominated representative.
Any questions you have relating to a position advertised on Hi Vis Hub, your online application and/or the status of your application should be directed directly to the Advertiser or their nominated agent, not Hi Vis Hub.
Hi Vis Hub will also retain this information in order to customise the service we provide to Candidates.
Hi Vis Hub reserves the right to disable or delete a saved resume or cover letter at its discretion.
Advertisers are asked by Hi Vis Hub to comply with all relevant obligations relating to the use and disclosure of Personal Information that are outlined in the Privacy Act.
The use of your information (personal or otherwise) by these Advertisers is not within the control of Hi Vis Hub and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of these companies.
Candidates have the right to directly contact Advertisers to request access to any Personal Information they have sent as part of an application or that has been provided to them as part of a Hi Vis Hub Profile.
Cookies and online advertising
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies help personalize and maximize your use of our site, including storing user preferences, improving search results and ad selection, and tracking user trends.
You can control your cookies at the browser level, but if you choose to disable cookies, it may limit your use of certain features or functions on our website or service.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Security: These cookies allow us to secure access to your account.
- Preference: These cookies are used to store your preferences like language choice and display of job search results.
- Analytics: We track traffic patterns, so we can identify popular content and potential problems.
- Advertising: We may use non-identifiable information about you to show you advertising on Hi Vis Hub and third-party sites.
Some cookies will remain on your computer after you have left our site.
Security cookies will remain for 60 days after your last visit.
Poll response cookies will remain for 90 days, and Hi Vis Hub cookies relating to advertisements and site notices will remain for up to two years, unless you choose to delete them.
We may also allow other companies to display advertisements to you while you are using our sites and applications.
When this happens, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
The cookies placed by these third parties could remain on your computer after you have left our site for up to 20 years unless you choose to delete them.
Hi Vis Hub also uses “Flash cookies”, also known as “Local Shared Objects”, to preserve video player settings and for security purposes. You can adjust your settings for your Flash cookies.
Advertising Opt Out
Hi Vis Hub uses several third parties to help provide analytics and to serve advertisements. You can opt out of third-party cookies by setting your browser to decline cookies.
If you delete your cookies, your opt-out cookie will also be deleted. If you change computers or web browsers you will need to opt out again.
Social media widgets
Our site includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button and widgets such as the Share This button.
When you create a Jobseeker Account, you may elect to store multiple resumes in your ‘Profile’ area and use those resumes when applying for a job and to supplement your Hi Vis Hub Profile.
If you choose to delete a resume it may still be stored by Hi Vis Hub in testing or backup systems for a period of time.
Where resumes are held in testing environments, these are held in closed and secure environments and information is only used for the purpose of internal software testing.
Information held in backup systems is only held for the purposes of backing up systems in the event of a data loss.
When you create or post a resume, we store it in our resume and profile database.
You may control the status of your resume by setting it to visible, or private.
Visible resumes can be viewed by anyone with access to our resume and profile database.
We cannot control the retention, use or privacy of resumes that have been viewed or downloaded by others.
Private resumes will not be visible in our resume and profile database, but information we acquire about you from a public website may be visible.
You may still use your private resume to apply online to a job.
If you apply with a private resume, it will be transferred to the relevant employer, who may retain a copy of it.
We attempt to limit access to our resume and profile database to legitimate users but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database.
Once your resume has been disclosed, Hi Vis Hub is not able to retrieve it from the third parties who accessed it.
Accordingly, you should not put sensitive information, personality profiles, or other information you would not want made public, in your resume or profile.
If your resume includes personal data of a reference, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person is aware that you have forwarded his/her details and has consented in writing for you to do so.
Resumes you give to us must not contain sensitive data relating to your:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political beliefs
- Philosophical or religious beliefs
- Membership of a trade union or political party
- Physical or mental health or biometric details or genetic makeup
- Sexual orientation or preferences
- Criminal offences or proceedings and associated penalties or fines,
- Any unlawful or objectionable conduct and associated penalties
- Any Social Security Number or national identification number.
If you do give us this information, then you agree that it is at your own risk.
Access to & storage of your personal information
Managing your career is a life-long process. Therefore, we retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make repeat use of our sites more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal information as described below.
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you are located in the European Union and you do not sign in to your account or interact with our services for more than five years, your account will expire and be scheduled for removal from our site.
Expired accounts are deleted on a routine basis.
If your account contains a resume, you will receive an email from us before we delete your resume in this manner.
Upon request, Hi Vis Hub will provide you with access to information we hold about you.
You may access, update, or delete your resume or profile at any time.
To do so, sign in to your account, go to your resume or profile, and make the desired changes.
If you do not have an account, or if you believe that someone else has provided us with your contact information, please contact us.
You also have the rights to data portability and to request that Hi Vis Hub restrict processing data about you.
Access to, or correction, update, or deletion of your personal information may be denied or limited by Hi Vis Hub if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
If you wish to delete your account information altogether, please contact us.
We will send you an email to confirm that your personal information has been deleted.
We may retain your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, investigate security incidents, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our User Agreement, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us.
We will retain anonymised information after your account has been closed.
We will respond to information access requests within a reasonable timeframe.
If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within a reasonable timeframe and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law.
You are responsible for keeping your username and password secret.
We utilize a variety of safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received.
Hi Vis Hub takes appropriate measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure.
You should be aware that resumes and profiles may be monitored by your current employer.
When you place an order online at Hi Vis Hub, your credit card information is encrypted with industry standard encryption.
In the event of a data breach, Hi Vis Hub is committed to complying in all respects with the requirements of all Australian Privacy Laws and where required, the provisions of the GDPR.
You can also play an important role in keeping your Personal Information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the Site.
Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user, or any other breach of security relating to your account.
Hi Vis Hub is not intended for, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13.
If you are a resident of the European Union for the purposes of the GDPR, then in addition to what is set out above, the following applies to you.
Our Contact details are set out in the “Contact, Feedback and Complaints” paragraph below.
In providing its services to you, Hi Vis Hub may make use of a number of automated processes using your Personal Data and your activity on our Site as tracked by us, in order to provide more tailored and relevant services to you such as providing recommended job opportunities to you through email communication, and on the Site or within our Apps.
Hi Vis Hub may also use such data in automated processes aimed at providing more tailored and relevant services to job seekers.
You may also request that Hi Vis Hub provides you with a copy of the Personal Data Hi Vis Hub holds about you in a portable and machine readable form using any of the methods set out in the “Contact, Feedback and Complaints” paragraph below.
Should you have any concerns in relation to Hi Vis Hub’s collection and/or processing of your Personal Data, then in addition to the process set out in the “Feedback and Complaints about privacy and the Hi Vis Hub website“ set out above (including the right to complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner), you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority (within the meaning of the GDPR).