WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer’s Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
Join our Zero Harm team in this long term career development opportunity based in Berrimah. This hands-on role will actively lead and ensure on-going compliance with statutory obligations whilst mitigating risk.
The role of Zero Harm Advisor will contribute to the continual improvement to Downer’s Integrated Management System (IMS) and associated programs. The role will also be responsible for performance monitoring and data analysis, audit processes, guide incident investigations.
Exposure in the Civil Road Maintenance or Construction space will be highly regarded as will the ability to influence and engage a wide range of stakeholders, maintaining strong relationships with both operational and management personnel to achieve best outcomes.
- Diploma or higher qualification in Occupational Health and Safety. A QSA auditor certificate and/or training & assessment qualifications would be highly advantageous.
- OHS Exposure gained within a high-risk industry operating accredited heavy vehicles
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to evaluate and implement Zero Harm policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to influence at various business levels.
- Strong computer and data analysis skills that extend to report collation and presentation.
- Ability to think strategically, considering both corporate and local objectives/drivers.
- Ability to conduct audits; investigations of safety issues and assist in developing improvement plans based on findings.
- Demonstrated ability to develop Zero Harm improvement plans to drive and promote proactive safety awareness programs.
- Prior experience with managing return to work programs in consultation with line management; liaison with Injury Management Team.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team-orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email Helen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.