WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining provides open cut mining services at Karara mine, including drilling, blasting, loading, haulage and stockpile rehandle. The operation is a conventional pit with a 30Mtpa mining rate. The Karara pit will feed the client-run processing plant, which will produce 8Mtpa of magnetite concentrate. The concentrate will be transported by rail to Geraldton for shipment.
Downer is currently looking for an experienced and proactive Safety Coordinator to work on an appealing 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth, WA or 8:6 DIDO roster from Geraldton, WA.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will play an integral role in ensuring efficient, safe and effective coordination of the safety function on site. Responsibilities will include actively supporting the site’s Health and Safety strategies, systems and initiatives. This role will further embed our Zero Harm policy as a core business value and you will continue the development of an HSE culture of vigilance, urgency, accountability, and leadership within the Western Region’s operations.
- Must have demonstrated experience in a Safety Coordinator Role
- Previous experience working in the Mining/Resources Industry is preferable
- Demonstrated experience in ICAM investigations
- Demonstrated ability in conducting Safety Audits and Risk Assessments
- Solid analytical and reporting experience
- Previous FIFO experience is a must
- Strong understanding of workplace safety and legislative requirements
- Excellent IT skills and top notch report writing abilities
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous initial Injury Management and Worker’s Compensation Experience
- Hygiene Monitoring – Dust and Noise
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent remuneration package and benefits
- The chance to join a dynamic and successful business group
- A family friendly 8:6 Roster
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
The Karara Mine camp offers amenities include a permanent air conditioned en suite room, flat screen TV, and a quality meals services amid outstanding recreational facilities including a gymnasium, lap pool, indoor cricket and tennis courts.
This role is being sourced directly by Downer EDI Mining and not through recruitment agencies. All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
For further information, please contact Pauline Rumley, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 08 6212 9519 for further information.