Project EngineerFull Time Salaried
Are you a proactive Civil Project Engineer skilled in on-time and on-budget delivery for DTMR and TfNSW projects? Then we want to offer you a diverse range of locations, a great package, plus true professional development. Read on!
Feeling undervalued and just like a number?
When you join this company, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference – and get recognition for it!
Plus, when you work away on projects you will also get generous project allowances and additional leave.
And did I mention full RPEQ funding to take your career to the next level?
Or the future leaders initiative providing training and mentorship?
About the roles
This leading Tier 2 has a number of full-time PE roles based in Queensland and New South Wales with varying start dates, some immediate.
Still in your current project? No problem. Talk to us now and we will slot you into a forthcoming project.
Reporting to the Project Manager you will be responsible for your assigned area’s costs, daily and weekly project analysis, quality assurance, weekly reporting, and assistance with operational performance.
You will assist the Project Manager in developing and delivering successful projects while maintaining strong customer relationships and contribute to the successful growth of the business.
As a Project Engineer you will:
- Be involved in implementing or creating innovative, cost-efficient construction methodologies and techniques;
- Produce construction programs for the project together with Supervisors and Superintendents;
- Provide continuous monitoring of program throughout the life of the project ensuring milestones are completed on time;
- In conjunction with Superintendents and Supervisors, plan the resources required to achieve the construction program (plant, labour, and subcontractors) and sourcing;
- Plan and implement the procurement of materials and subcontractors to achieve construction programs;
- Work with Supervisors to recognise variations, quantity increases or decreases, and any additional scope of works to produce appropriate variation correspondence;
- Monitor day costs for activities and adjusting if unit costs are excessive;
- Prepare and analyse the end-of-month project costs report with the Project Manager;
- Implement environmental controls where the risk to the environment is serious enough to require monitoring.
What do we need from you?
You will have a Degree in Civil Engineering and be both willing and able to travel and work away from home on various projects throughout Queensland and/or New South Wales on varying rosters when required.
Ideally, your career to date will include:
- Min 3+ years’ experience in cost engineering/productivity on TMR and/or TfNSW projects;
- Sound technical knowledge;
- A comprehensive understanding and experience of self-performing and sub-contract works;
- A proven track record in HSE compliance and safety;
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team that is driven by success;
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, coupled with the ability to take ownership and problem solve;
- Evidence of being self-motivated and adaptable with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Excellent references to back this all up.
Whether you are available right now, in a few months, or you are working but want to move to a company that will support your professional development, get in touch now to explore what they have to offer.
Apply now and include a cover letter detailing past projects or contact Amanda Datchens on 0406 536 256 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like the sound of the company but not this specific job? No problem. Join our Talent Community to be informed directly about new jobs as they become available.