Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three strong divisions: the high-performing, well-positioned materials business of Boral Australia; the fast-growing, 50%-owned USG Boral interior linings joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a scaled and growing building products and fly ash business. With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral had approximately 16,500 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries as at 30 June 2017.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Based in Wollert and reporting to the Quarry Manager, we are looking for a Plant Operator to join our quarries team. Primary responsibilities will be on the safe and efficient operation of quarry mobile plant as required and participation in safety initiatives including pre-starts, toolboxes and incident reporting
- Operation of haul trucks, front end loaders, excavators and other quarry mobile plant
- Operation of the crushing plant
- Maintenance duties including but not limited to screen and crusher changes etc
- Participation in safety initiatives including pre-starts, toolboxes and incident reporting
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Experience in quarry mobile and fixed plant operations;
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to safety and quality;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team with minimal supervision;
- HR drivers licence will be highly regarded and,
- The flexibility to work Monday to Saturday as required.
We offer employment stability, ongoing training & development. This is an opportunity to work in a team environment within an organisation dedicated to the safety of our employees and contractors.
Application closing date: 01 Jan 2020