- FIFO on a family friendly 8 days on/ 6 days off FIFO roster from Perth, Busselton, Broome, Albany and Geraldton or
- Residential, living in incredible Pilbara locations where you are home after every shift
- Generous employee benefits and discount schemes
It’s a really exciting time to be part of the Mine Technical Services team at Rio Tinto Iron Ore, with a number of new projects being developed in Western Australia and a large team of highly experienced, industry-leading professionals to learn from!
We offer a dynamic work environment with the opportunity to be involved with diverse projects and receive invaluable exposure opportunities across project development, technology & innovation.
We are looking for enthusiastic and high performing Medium and Long Term Mine Planning Engineers to join our dynamic teams in Western Australia! You will have cutting edge technology at your fingertips, with the support of the brightest minds in the industry.
Our Mine Planning teams are site-based teams responsible for quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily mine planning. We ensure that life of mine objectives are visible to and valued by all stakeholders through the alignment of plan horizons and tracking of key development milestones. Additionally, we strive to deliver plans which address operational constraints, adequately quantify risk and identify and communicate contingencies.
As a Mine Planning Engineer you will be responsible for quarterly mine planning activities using Alastri scheduling software and providing technical support to the mine operations team in order to ensure the safe and efficient execution of the mine plans. You will drive key milestones upon which production targets depend and be involved in pit development planning, mine design support and monthly compliance reporting. You will also play an active role in identifying and implementing mine planning improvements, cost reduction and efficiency initiatives.
If you are early in your career or more progressed and ready to take your career to the next level we want to hear from you!
What’s on offer:
- Generous packages including base salary, lifestyle allowances, annual bonus
- Medical insurance cover for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, superannuation, vehicle
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more
- Rio Tinto employee share programme
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Job satisfaction, where you will be a valued member of the team with a recognised contribution to the success of our business
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
- Relocation from interstate to Western Australia if required – International relocation will also be considered
With tertiary qualifications in Engineering or equivalent, you will have demonstrated experience within an open cut mining environment (preferably iron ore), coupled with practical experience within a mine planning role. You will have a working knowledge of mining and business software such as MS Office, and ideally Alastri products and Maptek Vulcan and have the ability to engage and collaborate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders. A current C Class driver’s licence is also required.
Where you will be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world’s largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara Blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise. The iron ore business continues to be the world’s largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find then in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening