Civil SupervisorFull Time
Location: various QLD sites
Salary: c$160K pa + Vehicle + Super + Site uplift
Reporting to: Superintendent/Project Manager
Are you a Civil Supervisor that can make the earth move? Can you walk on water (AKA build bridges)? Are you looking for your next project?
We have permanent roles with a highly respected Queensland-based civil contractor. With a strong focus on people, culture, and services, plus a great track record in delivering multi-million-dollar civil works across Queensland and NSW, they are rapidly growing – and they want you to come along for the ride.
About the role
Due to new awards, they have several current and upcoming roles on earthworks/road/bridge projects in different locations across Queensland and NSW.
Reporting to the Superintendent, you will be providing “hands on” support in the field, assisting with the coordination of all resources to ensure the effective delivery safe Projects within budget and within time.
Your key duties will include:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations, including site management and administration, to ensure a smooth and efficient workflow.
- Mentor and guide your team to achieve their full potential and help them grow in their careers.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations, environmental standards, and quality controls.
- Collaborate with the project management team to develop a weekly work program, monitor project costs, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Oversee subcontractors, suppliers, and inspection and testing processes to ensure all work meets the required standards.
- Provide daily updates and records of project progress, including photo logs and cost reports, and notify the project management team of any potential variations.
- Ensure all training requirements are met to maintain a skilled and knowledgeable workforce.
- Conduct regular inspections with clients to ensure work flow, quality control, and testing conform to project requirements.
We are looking for seasoned Supervisors with significant on-site civil construction experience underpinned by solid technical expertise.
- Highly developed communication, negotiating and analytical skills with the ability to effectively communicate with officials from government, the community, customers and management groups;
- The ability to provide leadership in a construction site environment while building relationships with client and workforce;
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Occupational Health and Safety issues and responsibilities including ability to comply with the relevant Act and Regulations;
- Demonstrated ability to understand project drawings, standard drawings and work to the relevant standards and codes applicable to the works;
- Knowledgeable in the field of Human Resources and Industrial Relations.
- A Certificate III in Civil Construction and/or Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision or equivalent experience.
If this sounds like you, please submit your application now – your CV doesn’t need to be completely up to date, or contact Amanda Datchens on 0406 536 256 or at email@example.com